This is a great article I came across while doing some research for natural ways to reduce menstrual cramping.
Chinese herbal formulas are very helpful, however, I like to be comprehensive in my approach. Natural medicine works best in concert.
For the week before and the days of menstruation, I suggest:
- Mild to moderate aerobic exercise; breathe deep, but don't do too much which would produce lactic acid and worsen your condition. Try a brisk walk, swimming, yoga, or deep breathing exercises instead.
- Increase your consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids from fish, nuts and seeds.
- Decrease your Omega 6 fatty acids from beef, chicken/turkey, pork, dairy and eggs.
- Omit or greatly minimize sugar, alcohol and salt
- Consider omitting dairy and grains (especially wheat/gluten)
Follow these foundational steps for 2-3 months, if that doesn't turn your life around, consider an individualized program.
Peace and Health,